If you're here, you're probably looking for some answers about your pregnancy and birth. You might be wondering about this hypnosis stuff, too. We get it!
Here's a nice relaxation track for you to work with -- because you deserve to relax. Relaxing like this is the opposite of stress. We think you'll like it.
This is not an advertisement -- just a gift for you. Sit back, relax, and give yourself a few minutes to focus on your baby.
Downloads for students
If you're taking a class in person with a Blissborn Educator, your hypnosis CDs and Blissborn Parent Manual are provided to you on your first day of class. Your instructor will provide you with additional handouts, or you download them here.
This is also where Homestudy students will find their handouts.
You will need a Dropbox account to access these materials. It's easy and free to sign up!
Interesting links for all
Listen to Blissborn Radio for free (if you have a subscription, there aren't any ads) any time you could use more relaxation, and if you'll have internet service at your birth place! This peaceful music was hand-picked to set the stage for your blissful labor and birth. *Please note you cannot search Blissborn Radio on Pandora, but once you click through from this link, you'll have it in your station list.
If you've got Spotify, you can access this playlist. Works well with a subscription so there are no ads. We have hand-picked this music to support bliss and quiet in your rest, your labor, and your and birth.
These links are fun, interesting and educational. Many are referenced in the Blissborn class.
Hypnosis is great for pain control. Watch this video of a hernia operation with hypnosis as the only anesthetic. Has short scenes of the surgery in it. We also invite you to watch a great video of a knee surgery and a video of a hypnosurgery in Brussels.
Dr. Angel Escudero of Spain operates without anesthesia, using only the patient's power of thought to create numbness. From the Discovery Channel. Caution: This one's fairly graphic.
Discovery Channel shows how hypnosis helps alleviate pain in the office of a dentist using hypnosis instead of anesthesia.
See a preview of The Business of Being Born, a documentary movie about the crisis facing pregnant women and birth in America. This movie is largely responsible for the shift toward more natural, supported birth in the U.S. Highly recommended.
Watch a trailer for Orgasmic Birth, a film about the physical joy that's possible during labor. You can watch this one online.
Watch a fantastic animation of the whole process of your baby's conception and growth, all the way through being a boogie-baby in the womb. Set to dance music.
Find info about Birth Into Being: Russian Waterbirth, a revolutionary movie featuring five beautiful natural births. Also on this website, view an inspirational 10 minutes of the movie Birth As We Know It.
After reading lots of interesting articles, download the free e-book "Ecstatic Birth - Nature's Hormonal Blueprint for Labor" by Dr. Sarah J. Buckley, describing the beneficial hormone cocktail that makes natural birth work.
Learn a variety of ways to get baby into the best position for birth, as well as how to work with a breech baby, at Spinning Babies.com.
Checking out the hospital maternity wards, birthing centers and home birth options? Ask these 10 Maternity Center Questions to help you choose the places and providers most likely to honor and support your wishes. Provided by Mothering Magazine Online.
See what the cesarean rate is in your state, as well as in your state's hospitals at Cesareanrates.com. Is the rate going down?
Watch this video of flowers opening, and imagine your cervix as that flower when it's time for birth. Age-old technique, newfangled technology.
Get inspired by meditations for any parenting situation: Meditating Mamas.
Read about the findings of the second Listening to Mothers study in this PDF.
Be a part of the solution. Share your experiences after your baby is born with a giant, nationwide Birth Survey aimed at improving maternity care in the U.S.
Before you decide to buy that crib, read this great article by James J. McKenna, PhD called, "Cosleeping and Biological Imperatives: Why Human Babies Do Not and Should Not Sleep Alone."
Helpful Organizations and Websites
Many organizations have been created just to help parents and improve pregnancy, birth and parenting world-wide. Here are a few to get you started:
- CIMS: The Coalition for Improving Maternity Services supports evidence-based care and features the mother-friendly childbirth initiative. The website offers many helpful checklists and surveys.
- DONA: Doulas of North America provides listings of local doulas to provide continuous support, advice and encouragement during labor and birth. You can find more doulas and info at www.doulaworld.com and www.doulanetwork.com
Dr. Sears: Great advice for just about everything, including attachment parenting, co-sleeping, circumcision, baby-wearing, and vaccines. Get trusted medical opinions from a compassionate source.
- TheBirthSurvey.com: Before the birth, check the statistics for your provider and birth place. After the birth, report your birth experience for the database.
- The Childbirth Connection: Helping women and childbirth professionals make informed childbirth decisions, with links to lots of free and low-cost birth movies on demand.
Mothering Magazine: An online source for articles and advice on numerous pregnancy, birth and parenting topics.
Mothering-dot-commune: Answers from your peers on just about any topic you can imagine.
- Midwifery Today online: Hot topics in the world of woman-focused birthing.
- Mothers Naturally: Celebrates and supports natural pregnancy and birth.
- ICAN: The International Cesarean Awareness Network. Their mission is to improve mom and baby health by preventing unnecessary cesareans, supporting cesarean recovery and promoting VBACs (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean).
- Peristats: The March of Dimes' nationwide statistics on nearly every aspect of birth, organized by state.
- Bold: "A Global Movement to Make Maternity Care Mother-Friendly." A play, a Red Tent experience, a powerful movement...This has been called "The Vagina Monologues" for birth by Christianne Northrup.
- Waterbirth International: Dedicated to making waterbirth an available option for all women, this is a great resource for waterbirth!
- La Leche League International: Promoting and supporting breastfeeding with mother-to-mother support, plus encouragement and education from lactation experts.
- DONA: Doulas of North America provides listing of local postpartum doulas who can help you with breastfeeding challenges.
- World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action: Lots of articles about protecting, supporting and promoting breastfeeding.
- Baby CPR: Free online baby CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) instructions and video demonstrations with no ads. This is one of the few sites with a quick-launch video that provides essential information immediately. Learn the techniques and refresh your memory often. Note: The Mayo Clinic does not recommend the new hands-only CPR for children under the age of 8 or drowning victims. Caretakers of infants and children should know conventional CPR with rescue breathing.
- Attachment Parenting International: Parenting information and support, forums and articles.
- Tribal Baby: A good resource on Elimination Communication, Breastfeeding, Sleep Sharing, and lots of other stuff!