Because we focus on what's important to you, and deliver it to you in a way that makes sense.
In your Blissborn class, you can be confident that you'll learn:
Complete childbirth education to build your confidence.
Partner skills to help your birth partner(s) help you -- and to feel connected and prepared.
Self-hypnosis training to make labor and birth faster, easier, and more comfortable.
Practical tools to prepare you for whatever happens in your labor and birth, and wherever it happens.
These are the foundations of Blissborn birth classes.
What's in it for you?
- Most Blissborn moms save 3-6 hours in the labor room, push for half the time, succeed at natural birth four times as often, and have much less (or no) pain. Their babies are born calm and alert.
- Blissborn gives you the best of science, medical knowledge, mind-body therapy and childbirth education in a fun and inspiring class. Blissborn uses time-tested and natural self-hypnosis techniques to put you in charge of your own body and mind.
- Materials are modern, updated, and easy to use.
This is the only class you'll need.
- We know you're looking for something that makes sense to you and your partner. After the class, you'll have a deeper understanding about yourself and your mind, and have those tools for the rest of your life.
- Information is confidence. In this comprehensive class, you'll learn everything you need to know about hypnosis, anatomy, stages of labor, partner skills, possible interventions, positioning, birth preferences documents, possible complications (and what to do), choices after birth, and much more.
- Classes are well-organized and efficient (we know you're busy). Information is relevant to where you are in your pregnancy.
- You don't have to take anything on faith -- you'll learn and use simple but powerful techniques to work with pain, stay in control, relax your mind and body, release fears, and gain confidence in yourself and your amazing body.
- Learn instant hypnosis with each contraction, in any situation — whether you give birth at home, in a birth center, or in a hospital.
- Stay in hypnosis while opening your eyes and walking around.
- We use real terms like "contraction" and "labor." When your body is doing the good work it does in labor, as the muscles of your uterus contract, your cervix opens and your baby moves through the birth canal. An accurate description of what is happening in your body is part of the blueprint you'll build as you practice. It's not magic, although it's a magical and amazing process.
- We frame everything positively. If you were to say something like, "I'm not afraid," your mind would hear the word "afraid." Instead, we encourage positive thoughts and words; for example, "confident," "strong," and "brave." We teach Comfort Techniques instead of pain control.
- Each class builds on the last. Even if your due date limits the number of classes you can attend, you'll benefit from taking as many as you can.
- Each class features activities, hypnosis, discussion, special training for birth partners, and a practice CD.
- There is homework! You'll read more in the 234-page manual. The real homework is the relaxation, though. It is really nice to have a dedicated time to relax and think good thoughts.
- We welcome your birth partners, doula, midwife or even your OB to join you in your classes.
Hypnosis is recognized world-wide as one of the most effective paths to a more comfortable, easier, faster and safer birth. Information junkies can find out more about it here.
Be prepared physically, mentally and emotionally for the most empowering experience of your life.